Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Birthday Week 2008!


This is birthday week at the Moncur house. Yesterday was Mitch's birthday and Thursday is Marin's. Do you like Marin's new smile? This is the smile she busts out every time we take her picture lately. It cracks me up.


The way to Mitch's heart is definitely through his stomach! For his birthday dinner he wanted Super Nachos (since it was the NCAA Championship game and we needed "game food"). It was my first time making these, and they were heavenly. Not the healthiest recipe around, but fresh salsa, guacamole, refried beans, and pineapple helped balance the cheese and chips. Our friends came to celebrate and there weren't very many leftovers! Mitch turned 29 and got a new golf driver for his birthday! He's quite excited. I'm not the mushy type so I won't go on and on, but I do have to say that Mitch is the absolute perfect guy for me. Hope his 29th year is a good one!

6 comments:

Avree said...

Happy birthday to Mitch and Marin! I also have a husband whose stomach leads to his heart, I showed him a picture of the super nachos and he's jealous of Mitch. I like the family picture, Marin looks like she's doing her fake smile (but she's still cute). Hopefully I'll get to come up for her party this weekend.

Jen said...

What a cute little family you have. I want to come over next time you make that, it all looks so yummy (especially the cake).

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mitch and Marin! I am glad to see Mitch was able to escape the office this week. I thought for sure he would be sleeping there by now.

Oh, and I am also craving nachos, and it is 8:30 in the morning.

Melinda said...

yeah, I've been on a bloggers leave and come back to lots of new posts! Cute family pic!
And I'll have to try the chocolate cake recipe- I have an awesome one too!

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Hello Cara, this is Avree's Kara--sounds weird, but now you know who I am. I was pleased that you have taken a look at my blog, because I have also looked at yours-now I don't have to feel like a stalker. I like seeing what you guys are up to, and I LOVE Marin's new picture smile. We are doing really well down here in O-town. I too am glad that I get to be near Spencer, I can't wait to hold a warm squishy baby again.

Annaca said...

Cara, you have such a cute family!! The nachos look delicious.