Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's official.

I am losing my mind. Here is why I have come to that conclusion:

1. I ran around the house a few days ago looking for Kate's binky for at least 5 minutes and then realized it was on my finger.

2. I called someone the other day and forgot who I had called. When they answered I had to ask them who they were.

3. (this relates to #1) I ran around the house looking for my sunglasses this morning-- turns out they were on my head.

4. I found the brown sugar in the fridge yesterday.

5. I found the ice cream in the fridge as well (different day, don't worry I found it before it all melted).

6. I rented a Redbox movie for Mitch and me and forgot to take it back for FOUR days. It was a dumb movie, not worth $1, let alone $4.

7. This one is long. It happened just 2 days ago. This is why I have decided I really am officially losing my mind:

It all started out with Kate's 6 month Dr. appointment. I put my wallet and cell phone in her diaper bag so I wouldn't have to take in my purse. I can only hold so many items you know. Since I am losing my mind, I didn't put those things back into my purse after the appointment. Fast forward to the evening. Mitch was working a little late (apparently Sept 15 is some type of tax deadline). For Family Night we were putting together a little care package for my nephew who just got a bone marrow transplant. Mitch met us at the store and luckily, when I went to pay for my item and realized I had no wallet, he had his (Mitch is not losing his mind, he never loses things, he never forgets things). At this point, someone who is not losing their mind would put their wallet into their purse. Not me! I had to go to Walmart next, but we decided Mitch would take the girls home and put them to bed and I would continue on to Walmart. Woo hoo! No kids in Walmart, I felt so FREE... that is until I got to the check-out with no wallet. But happy day! I had my checkbook... that is, until they wouldn't take my check without ID which was in my wallet, in my diaper bag, in my car that Mitch took home. So they voided my items, sent me to customer service where I proceeded to call Mitch on their phone (remember, my cell phone was also in my diaper bag?). Mitch happened to be putting Kate to bed and didn't hear me call multiple times, pleading with him on our answering machine to pick up the phone please please please. Well, ice cream was included in my purchases at Walmart... so were several items destined for my darling little nephew. So I ran to the opposite end of the store to put the ice cream back. Then I left all my stuff, ran home and got my wallet, then returned to Walmart. I was not about to let this keep me from my ice cream, so I ran back to the other end of the store, got my ice cream, and returned to customer service. They had this nifty little receipt that they had kept earlier, so they scanned it and didn't have to scan all my items again! Problem is, they forgot to bag my ice cream. When I got home (the 2nd time) I was pleased that both of my girls were asleep (best husband ever) and sat down to have myself a nice bowl of ice cream. Oops, no ice cream. I left the dang ice cream at Walmart!

So you see, I really am losing my mind. When it is completely lost, will you all come help Mitch take care of my children???

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! Your wal-mart story is so terrible for you! I would have been so mad! I too am losing my mind. I walk up and down the stairs all day and by the time I get to the top/bottom I've forgotten why I even went up there in the first place!

Avree said...

You should have made Mitch go back to Wal-Mart to get the ice cream. If you were really dedicated to the ice cream that's what you would have done.

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

I would've been swearing, especially since I had no kids with me and since I was at WalMart. P.S. I've done the binky on my finger search the house thing.......multiple times. I thought you might care about this story of mine: One time whilst on a walk with Avree, Logan stealthily dropped the binky without my knowledge. It was the good orange and green Nuk one too......so I got in the car and slowly, slowly drove the entire walk route. I had a car behind me, but I found binky on the side of the road, unscathed.

Dimond Blogger said...

That is a great story! That would make me so mad when I realized that I had forgetten the ice cream after all that. Did Mitch find it comical?

sav said...

i totally left some bag of mine at walmart last time i went shopping.. i got looking for whatever it was and nope, not here.. i didn't ever go back for it either.. so yay, walmart gets to keep my money and i get nothing!

Nicole said...

That is so funny! I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten things in the wal-mart bag twirl around thing. You poor girl. Oh I actually memorized my license # (on accident I did not set out to do this one day) and Wal-mart would take my checks if I could give them that number, which I too have had to do when I found myself at the store without ID thinking that it would somehow make my life easier to transfer it all to the diaper bag. That is when I started carrying a big purse.

Em said...

Its the babies. They suck all the smarts out of us. My mom says all the time that she use to be smart and put together before children. I HATE when I leave the ice cream why can't it be the butter or something you don't care to have. Ugh! Good luck!

Karissa said...

Your posts always make me laugh! I hate to break it to you, but I'm not entirely sure this is a new development. I seem to remember someone leaving a roast on the top of her car and it sliding down the window at the stop sign on the corner of 12th east and 14th north--or maybe that wasn't you?

Heather said...

You just might get used to it.. I mean, I started losing my mind years ago and now I just blame Atlas for eating whatever (the elastic I bought yesterday and spent an hour looking for it with no result) or the kids for running off with it (then I find it later where I've looked at least a dozen times) and I also try to carry a little cash (and diapers) in my car because I KNOW my wallet will get left home and I'll forget to take diapers. :)

EmRee said...

I call it placenta brain.