Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh yeah, and 1 more thing...

My good friend Karissa reminded me of a dang hilarious story that happened back before I had any kids...I can't blame it on the kids, dang it!

So as a dietetics student one of my classes involved preparing this formal dinner for a bunch of college of Ag faculty. A few of us wanted to practice our menu before the actual event and the main course was pesto stuffed roast. So we went to USU's meat lab and ordered a deluxe roast from Dick Whittier (the world's premiere expert on all things beef...ahhh, the perks of attending an agricultural university). Well I was driving and as we were all getting in my car, I set the roast on the roof. Of course, I accidentally left it there and drove away. Well we headed down a hill about a mile or so and then I came to a 4 way stop. As soon as I stopped the car, this huge roast comes sliding down my windshield and slams onto the hood of my car! I about died! I put the car in park and hurried and grabbed the roast off my hood while the occupants of the other cars at the intersection looked on in amazement. The roast was perfectly fine...probably the most exciting moment of that poor hunk of meat's short life! So yes Karissa, you are right... I lost my mind a long time ago! Thanks for reminding me, I'd completely forgotten about that...

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Wait! Let me get my roast off my roof!...How many times do you get to say that in one lifetime?

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

tee hee, bwahahaha....good old Meat Lab. I pictured it sliding down your windshield, great story.

Karissa said...

The best part was all the people you had to wave through the intersection while you were out of the car--no one could quite decide if they should drive through or stay and try to figure out what you were doing!! I'm pretty sure we all laughed ourselves to tears that day....good times....

Emily said...

That totally made me laugh. I enjoyed the pictures from the wedding. It is so weird to see pictures of Jaren and Blake all grown up. Does that make me sound old?

Rachel said...

now wait a minute, i don't remember hearing this story?? how funny! (did you then feed this roast to us???)